Equity & Expectations℠ Professional Development Programs
Equity & Expectations SM is an official Massachusetts PDP provider. We offer workshops, presentations, and courses for teachers, staff, and administrators. A sampling of programs include:
- Building Culturally Responsive Conversational Skills
- Understanding Educational Equity
- Race and Culture: Defining Self and Transforming Practice
- Intersectionality: Racism and Anti-Semitism
- Identity Safe Classrooms and Schools for Multiracial Students
- and more…
Equity & Expectations SM offers support, guidance, and strategy for challenging diversity-related situations. We assist with Equity Planning and can help make sense out of communication breakdowns between faculty, staff, administrators, or parents. Perhaps there is an immediate crisis or an emerging trend in your district. We will assess and recommend a plan of action. Our specialty is making sense out of the stress and pressures that changing demographics, current events, and crises create.
In addition to Professional Development Programming, we can meet the needs that are specific to your district, school, and community. For example:
- Leadership Coaching and Instructional Coaching. We believe in providing support for Teachers, Student Support Personnel, Administrators and other staff who want to take a more leadership role. We will provide support for the teachers struggling to meet proficiency level according to state and district Evaluation Standards. We will collaborate with schools/districts to provide critical, behaviorally-based feedback to employees that need to improve performance.
- Affinity group formation and facilitation. We will convene affinity groups for any student or staff/faculty group in your school or district. What is an affinity group? Just ask us.
- Parent Liaison. Family engagement is a crucial part of the schooling process. When communications break down, sometimes it helps to bring in a fresh perspective; an objective and understanding listener. We can do this for you.
If there are other issues getting in the way of staff/faculty/administrators fulfilling their job role, then we can help resolve the situation.